The following are the lock picking instructions you requested from Samsonite Consumer Relations.
1. Position the luggage so that the numbers on the wheel are
right-side-up as they face you and set all three wheels to "0′.
2. Starting with the wheel on the left, to the right of the wheel,
look into the narrow space between the right side of the wheel and
the body of the lock. Look down into the shaft. (If you have a
safety pin, straight pin, or thin nail file, place that in the
3. While looking down into the shaft, rotate the wheel slowly. You
are looking for an indentation (a square notch). When you find
the indentation, stop and write the number down. (If you are using
a tool, the tool will fall into the indentation.)
4. Follow the process for the remaining two wheels.
5. Try to open the piece of luggage.
6. If the luggage still will not open, please try the following:
a) If the number on the wheel is over 5, subtract 5 from the
number showing. For example, if the number showing is 8 turn
the wheel to 3 because 8-5=3.
b) If the number is under 5, add 5 to the number showing. For
example if the number showing is 2 turn the wheel to 7
because 2+5=7. The numbers showing on the wheels will be
just worked for me... remember the + 5 - 5 part if it does not work first time.